SPIRITUALITY - Living our Faith
At Ascension of Our Lord, faculty, staff, students and parents work and pray hard to put faith into action.
Teachers weave Catholic teaching into the curriculum and instruction of all subjects on a daily basis.
Some of the many elements that are weaved into the spiritual formation of students are:
- Monthly Reconciliation
- Stations of the Cross during Lent
- Praying of the Rosary
- Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament (in the Adoration Chapel)
- Retreats for 6 & 7th graders
- NET retreat
- Sacramental preparation for 1st & 2nd graders
- May Crowning of the Blessed Mother
- 7th Grade Adoption of the PreBorn
- Daily Prayer-the Morning Offering, Grace Before Meals, The Angelus, and Act of Contrition at the end of the day.
- Mission Banks for the Mexico Mission
- Mission Assemblies for 5th graders
- 7th Grade Eucharistic Missionaries
Our Catholic faith is evident in how students treat one another, with Reason, Religion and Kindness.